Make100aday

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Statistics to Prove Expert Status as a Writer and a Disdain for the Domain

Today, I am the number one online article writer on the Internet, tomorrow someone may indeed zoom by me like I am standing still and yet, as some praise me and others attack me, I just laugh. You see, I use to have a disdain for writers, as a doer, because I was doing things and they were writing about it. Now in retirement, I am doing more writing than doing?

Recently, my expert status was challenged in this writing domain, which I have absolutely no care in the world about, but still I ask; who is the expert, the authority and who is to sit in judgment on this issue. Should the writer who sells the most books be considered the expert, after all let the reader decide, there are readers of all reading grade levels and of all interests across the spectrum. Even if I am not the world's best writer does it matter if the readers like what I write? My critics ask tough questions and my challengers state such things as am I qualified to talk about the subject, what are my stats?

Indeed, I am well qualified in the real world of achievement and estimate now some 40 million articles read considering 4.4 million article views here alone and 156,000 ezine publisher pick-ups; 10 eBooks written, One of many co-authors of a book still selling on the shelf since 1999 so that one is a smashing success with an extremely long life, well over 1 million copies sold now: Franchising 101.

One of my eBooks that has well over 1 million plus hits online since 1997: How to Run a Successful Car Wash Fundraiser. Yes a very simple book, yet one which gets a heck of a lot of play. Still, as far as writing is concerned, I do not consider myself a writer. I am very good at many things, but I do not consider writing to be amongst my strong suit. I stand by my resume and will put it up along side anyone's in the World. So, I accept that challenge, no worries.

I think statistics are important too, I think the reader ought to have something to say about value of an article. Writers and Authors often get their hackles up and sometimes get a little persnickety too. That is the nature of such folks, I have come to accept the writers for who they are and no longer consider them lesser of the doers, just different. But I can say this, I would rather read from a doer, who is a writer, than a mere writer who is pretending to be an expert or authority.

"Lance Winslow" - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/. Lance is a guest writer for Our Spokane Magazine in Spokane, Washington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home